WHAT IS CREEKLINE?
Creekline Trails of Opelika is a citizen-led project to envision, plan, fund, and build a series of creekside trails and greenways inspired by our unique watershed. Our work is designed to generate valuable recreation, transportation, and conservation benefits with projects that connect neighbors with nature to serve everyone in the community of Opelika, Alabama and the many visitors we welcome.
Creekline Trails continues to plan and develop a series of creekside multi-use paths, bike lanes, and nature paths with plans for pocket parks and greenways throughout the Opelika community. The Creekline Trails project is focused on three main purposes: (1) outdoor recreation for fitness, health, and fun, (2) alternative transportation for pedestrians and cyclists, and (3) watershed and greenway conservation, protection, and restoration.
Creekline Trails of Opelika is a citizen-led project under the direction of a volunteer Advisory Board in close collaboration with the City of Opelika and sponsored by the Envision Opelika Foundation, Inc. The Foundation serves as the project’s 501(c)(3) umbrella and fiscal sponsor.
BENEFITS OF CREEKLINE TRAILS
- connect neighbors with nature
- create a higher quality of life for all in our community
- attract new businesses and families
- secure public access to nature as Opelika grows
- protect our watershed and educate our community
- provide accessible outdoor blueway and greenway spaces
- opportunities for all ages and abilities to enjoy
- promote exercise and wellness